Tuesday, May 10, 2016

National Shrimp Day!


Today was National Shrimp Day, so I had to have some shrimp. I found large wild prawns at the market, fresh and unpeeled; just the way I like them when I'm in the mood for perfect shrimp. My preference is to peel and clean the fresh shrimp when time allows. I like them very fresh and thoroughly cleaned and deveined. I also like them cooked perfectly.

I made a simple dry-rub with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika, and tossed the shrimp in it after drizzling them with some olive oil. Then, I cooked them in a very hot pan for just a few minutes, flipping them once. When they were close to done, I turned off the heat and moved the pan off the burner, then plated the shrimp. I served them on a bed of baby arugula, heirloom tomato, and a fresh basil dressing. Happy National Shrimp Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment