Thursday, April 28, 2016

Before/After & Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction

Me, Bill Volckening, before and after
Two months of healthy eating, and I have dropped about 35 pounds, recently dipping under 220 for the first time in over a decade. When I look at the gorgeous foods I'm eating now, I have to laugh. It's like I'm spoiling myself rotten...I mean...just look at what I had for supper last night.

Wild sockeye salmon Pacific Northwest style, after watching Bobby Flay
It was getting late, and I was wondering what to have. A little uninspired, I turned on a recorded episode of Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction on Food Network. He was preparing foods from the Pacific Northwest, and made a hot smoked salmon topped with a chop salad of baby lettuce greens, toasted hazelnuts, dried cherries, Gala and Granny Smith apple and a homemade honey mustard vinaigrette.

I don't have a smoker grill, but realized I could enjoy a similar experience by roasting the salmon and doing everything else the same as Bobby Flay. I glazed the salmon with a little dressing before and after roasting, in the oven less than 12 minutes at 450, and it was incredible! You can find the original recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment